Saturday 4 June 2011

Towards Final (Illustration)




Here is an example of how the illustration will look. Russ Mills is the artist that's inspired me into producing something like this. The illustrations are very dark and bold this done because I was trying to emphasise the jungle look. The illustration is also very sketchy, I produced the illustration with a piece of card, i placed ink on the card and i spread that ink on the surface of the page, this gave me a very textural illustration. (Above are close up shots of the illustration)

The most important narrative behind the illustration is emotion. When the audience looks at this illustration I want the audience to feel various emotions.

I also incorporated word into the illustration; the words are from the extract from the jungle book. As you can see some of the words are bold and others are normal. I want these words to stand out when the illustration is printed, these words relate to parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment